Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Boys

When Spencer and I found out we were expecting I really wanted a boy. I am the oldest of 6 and I always wanted a big brother. When Jared came into our lives I got the big brother I had been hoping for. We had a great relationship and I loved getting advice from someone older them me. I have always wanted my girls (if I ever get any) to be able to have a big brother that can do everything first and help them be strong confident women. Plus for those of you who know me well I am a tee-shirt and jeans girl. I can braid but it looks terrible and I would rather go do something outside then go to the mall. If I ever do have a girl its a good thing I have girl friends who enjoy doing "girly things".

When we found out we were having two boy I was so excited! I am so grateful for the boys in my life. They teach me so many things each day and help me to be a better person.

I know my house will never be as clean as it is today but I am looking forward to playing in the sand, finding worms, putting band-aid on knees, getting the hose out before the boys can come inside and having a foursome to play golf with.

I love my boys!

1 comment:

elizabeth mckay said...

oh, you've made me cry! how blessed we've been to have sooo many boys in our lives! Your words touched every chord of my heart (except the golf - haven't learned that yet) :) <3