Here is what we have been doing...
-Sleeping all night! The kids now go to bed at 8:30 pm until 7:00 am. When the doctor told me kids can comfort themselves and get all the food they need during the day at 4 months and to call if they cried more then 3 nights. We wasted no time. Ear plugs... every parent should have some.
-Solid food. The boys don't care for rice cereal but they seem to like the sweet potatoes. (They are half McKay's so they should love anything potato!)
-Rolling over. This is bitter sweet. I now have to be extra careful where I put the kids when I leave the room.
-Pacifiers are gone. We still have some just for emergencies but the boys do a great job of comforting themselves.
-Baby Blessing. The McKay clan came up for the kids baby blessing. It was crazy to have 12 extra people in the house. Movies, Cinnamon Kettle Corn, lots of food, crying kids and lots of laughs. Thank goodness it was nice weather so we could eat outside. It was so great to see everyone and for them to meet the kids.
-Staycation. My parents stayed a couple extra days while they were here so Spencer and I could take a staycation. We went to Midway for the evening and then went golfing and got massages the next day. I almost forgot we had kids. It was a much needed break!
-I started school. After taking a 6 month break I started school again. I only have 1 year left to finish my undergrad so we figured it was now or never.
-First Family vacation. We took our first family vacation last weekend to Bear Lake with some of our good friends. We had a great time just hanging out, getting shakes and watching movies.
-Monson. Is loud when he is happy, mad or sad. He is very smart and strong willed! He knows that if he does not want to have anymore tummy time he can roll over and knows that bottles have food.
-Dallin. Is still quiet and calm. He loves his thumbs and smiling! Finally made it on the growth charts at his 4 month appointment. He is in the 1% & 3% but he is on the charts and health! He loves his toys and moves all over the place to get them and look around. He is usually kicking Monson when we go in their room in the morning.
Here are some new pictures from the last few weeks.
4 comments:
holy cow they are growing!!! such big handsome boys!
hey do you still live behind the cotton shop? I live right by midas so if you do, i should stop in and say hi sometime!
p.s. crying it out was the best thing we ever did for our lives and our baby's life too :)
They are so cute! I can't believe that they are 5 months already...wow it has gone so fast! Hope to meet them someday!
Love those pics! I can't believe how fast time passes. They are adorable.
Post a Comment