Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dallin

Dallin started to smile and laugh about 2 weeks ago. It is so cute and fun to see him happy. It makes my heart melt. I have been trying to get a video of him but every time I try he gets camera shy. About 2 weeks ago he also started to sleep through the night! Mom is so much happier when I get to sleep from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am. I am so excited that my boys are starting to show personality it makes my job of being a mom so much more rewarding to see a reaction.

One thing I have noticed in both boys is that they are both very strong willed. I knew this was coming because Spencer and I are both strong willed so it is pretty much a given that our children would be. So our major challenge as parents I think will be to pick our battles and make sure that they know right from wrong. That is much easier said then done. Here is a picture of the kids from yesterday taking a nap (the first and only one all day) in my bed...I lost the battle of making them sleep in their bed.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

They have changed so much since they were born! I just want to squeeze those chubby legs! I remember the early stage when Ryder started smiling - it made me feel much better about being a mom, like he liked me and thought I was doing a good job, instead of staring at me with those serious eyes looking deep into my soul, searching out all my inadequacies! ;) And you are way lucky on the sleeping through the night thing. Ryder didn't start sleeping through the night until 14months!!!

BECKY said...

two bundles of joy. what a lucky momma!

J and T said...

Those boys are so cute! You are amazing (or lucky-but take it either way) to get them sleeping through the night. I have a thing or two to learn from you. Hope you are well.

Tara

elizabeth mckay said...

ahh, look at those chubby legs and cheeks - so different from the fragile little boys who came home from the hospital! Can't wait to see them!
love, grammy