Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The grocery store

For the last couple of months the grocery store has become my "social meeting place". It seems like every time I run to the store to grab the essentials I run into someone who wants to talk. These people range from strangers, neighbors, and friends I have not seen in ages. Right before the new year I ran to the store to grab a couple of things and ran into my old friend Evelyn (who now lives back east and was visiting family for the holidays). After that meeting I told her I would update my blog as life has changed for the Daines family since the last post. So friends and family if you know Evelyn you can thank her for calling me to repentance for not blogging in so long.

For everyone that knows me I love deals! Spencer knows that if there is a sale (especially at the grocery store this is my dads doing) I have a hard time not buying mass amounts or something I really don't need. So for the last 7 1/2 months (30 weeks) the saying that has most frequented our home is that we are getting the 2 for 1 deal. The deal we are getting is about 6 weeks is twins! We are so grateful so the opportunity to have children and feel so blessed that we are getting the 2 for 1 deal.

I am due April 2nd but our goal due date is March 6th (this is the day they most likely will not have to spend weeks in the NICU). We are expecting 2 boy, no they are not identical. So far the pregnancy has been going well. The boys are both healthy and have passed all of their test to date. I have a great doctor and he is monitoring me and the kids closely which is a real comfort to Spencer and I. However, it can be really frustrating working with 2 doctors schedules (the ultra sound doctor and my regular OBGYN). The other bad thing is both clinics are at the hospital I will be delivering at. Because of this the hospital has become very familiar to us, which is not the place anyone want to be really familiar with. We have also been so grateful for the love and support our friends and family have given to us during this time. We will do a better job at updating the blog because as my good friend Evelyn reminded me there are friends who love us that want to know what is going on in our life.

The medical world keeps track of multiple by their position in the womb. For us that means until they come they will be refer to as baby A and baby B. These pictures are really old but these are the best pictures we have of the kids. It has been hard to get good pictures even though I get to see them every week because they are just getting to big or they are not turned the right way etc. The first one is baby B and the second one is baby A.





Here is a picture of me today at 30 weeks. I know I am huge so don't fall off of your chair...




12 comments:

Educating Evelyn said...

You look GREAT! And I'm so glad you blogged, I've been looking for a new post on your blog to show up in my reader. =)

We love you Em, and we're excited for you and Spencer!!!

BECKY said...

evelyn gets so many hugs! SO good to hear from you finally! please DO post pics more often. and oh my heck you are so small. you do not look like you're having twins!

JaNae said...

Congratulations Emily! Twins, that is amazing and so exciting. You look teeny for having twins inside you! Good luck in the next several weeks. Glad to see what's been going on!!

Phillip and Maggi said...

You're back!!! Hurray! I can't believe twins, so exciting! And I'm right there with you on the 2 for 1 deal, I'd love twins for that reason :) Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes...

Cindi~Chad said...

It's so great to hear how you are doing. I have often wondered what has been happening in your world. Congrats on the Twins and I hope everything keeps going well.

J and T said...

I think you look cute! We are so excited for you and Spencer! Good luck with everything.

marian said...

You look FAB and Nora reminds us to pray or the babies in your tummy every day.

Baby steps to March!

Brittany said...

Glad you're blogging again- I can't believe you're 30 weeks along! Time flies, I could hardly tell you were expecting last time we saw you.

Congrats again, can't wait to mee your little guys :)

Jessica said...

Yeah - you're back in the blog world...keep it up and let us know aboutthose twins!

The Ririe's said...

Emily told me to check your blog...You look so adorable pregnant! It is all belly! You look like you stuffed a ball under your shirt! Sorry to hear things have gotten a little crazy with the boys, wish I lived closer and could come visit you at the hospital! We will be praying that they can stay in there as long as possible! Love ya!

The Ririe's said...

haha...I must be tired...you weren't the one who told me to check you blog...Lisa did!!!

LeBaron Family said...

AHHH! You look so cute pregnant and congrats! I'm so excited for you! I need to get your mailing address so I can send you some gifts!

email me at mlebaron at gmail dot com.