Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Guessing Game


The saying this last week is "I have no idea what is wrong with these kids. I am just their mother not a psychic." My boys very rarely cry so when they fussy for a whole week I like to think there is something very wrong. No teeth so I though they must have ear infections so off to the doctor. After a $50 co-pay and the official verdict is there is nothing wrong with them. Arr! I really should be grateful that they are not sick but I still have no idea what is wrong and that is really frustrating. I look forward to the day they can talk and tell me what they need. They are still really cute!

5 comments:

marian said...

Isn't parenthood fun! At least it's intellectually stimulating with all it's mysteries!

BECKY said...

Yup, it's super frustrating. It probably is teething though and it'll probably continue occasionally for another year!!! I give them drugs and go forward and hope for a better week the next week!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Mike and Lisa said...

I've been going through the exact same thing about Claire this week! She has been SUPER needy and whines pretty much nonstop. I can't feel any teeth either but she isn't napping well and her moodiness is driving me bonkers. Hang in there, I know I will.

The Atomic Mom said...

They will teeth for a while before you acutally see a tooth. James was miserable a full three months before his first tooth showed thru. The teeth literally have to saw thru and "cut" the gums....it's way fun. Right now, James is a month shy of his thrid birthday and we are working on the last four teeth.

The Atomic Mom said...

A good clue to the teething is runny nose, fever (yes despite what your pedi will tell you babies get fevers when they teeth), red buns/diaper rash from the excess saliva, excess saliva and wanting to chew on everything or a combination of all or some of these. I always give James a celery to chew on, it numbs the gums up a bit. And I use a small pump of Chlorseptic throat spray on my finger and massage that into his gums, works wonders.