After 16 long hours of travel time we finally arrived in fashion capital of the world. Our stop in Milano was just for two reasons: one to meet Spencer's mission president and second to go to Venezia. President Caruso is living in Torino right now and was kind enough to meet us at the train station so that we could meet him. President Caruso is a native of Sicilia and was the first Sicilian mission president. Spencer was his second group of missionaries. President Caruso told me that I needed to make sure that I took care of his son. I could tell that he loved Spencer a lot and I promised him I would. If you look close you can see that President is wearing a Maltese tie. President Caruso got lunch for us and made sure that we got the right train tickets and were on the right train. It was so nice of him to come all that way to make sure we got where we needed to go. Here is a picture of our first of many train rides. As you can tell we look like we have been traveling for along time. Now off to Venezia..
so far this november
6 years ago
1 comment:
Emily,
What a fun adventure. Italy..one day I too will go!
Post a Comment